To spice up this blog, I have added some photos and charts to match the topics. The photos and charts were obtained from the internet and, as such, the copyrights remain with the original owners/publishers. If the usage infringed any copyright and/or trademarks, please email me and I shall remove the infringing material as soon as possible.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Recap of Notes During VoL 3-Days Workshop

During the filing of the notes and material relating to the VoL workshop, I came across the several Post-It notes that was attributed to me by the workshop participants. It was a surprise to me that I got more notes than I expected. I guess the sincere feedback and input provided during the workshop did touch some of the other participants. It made me realize that Sincerity, which is my leadership stand, do have profound implication when truly applied.

On another note, I was even more surprise to learn that my influencing ability is substantially more pronounced that I previously thought. A participant told me that his very firm, not easily influenced nature was totally shattered when I presented my view (during the bush fire exercise). His initial approach to the problem was correct but when I presented my approach, he totally agrees with my view to a point that he totally forgotten about his. A lesson learnt, "I need to be more conscious of my influencing skill". I need to get more views from others before presenting mine, as my presentation may suppress other views.

I made this desktop background to serve as reminder to the kind thank you that I got and things that I should watch out for.

No comments: